Friday, June 28, 2013

TRUST



A.      Not on man
Jeremiah 17:5
“Thus says the LORD, The man is cursed who trust in man and makes flesh his arm and whose heart departs from the LORD”
B.      Not on yourself but in God
Psalm 31:1
“In You Lord do I put my trust …”
C.      Not on your own knowledge and riches
Jeremiah 9:22 -23
“This says the Lord, Do not let the wise man boast in his wisdom! Do not let the mighty man boast in his might! Do not let the rich man boast in his riches! But the one who boasts will boast in this that he understands and knows me that I am the Lord who exercises loving kindness, judgment and acts of loving kindness in the earth for in these things I delight says the Lord”
D.      Not our natural abilities and beauty
For they are God’s gift. Beauty and Stature quickly fade and may be marred by a little illness.
E.       Not of your good acts
Job 9:20
“Though I am just my own mouth will condemn me; if I were to be perfect, it will also prove me devious“

The humble enjoy continual peace, but in the heart of the proud is envy and frequent indignation. If there be any good in you, believe there is more in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment